If you’ve purchased our theme at ThemeForest, you’ll need to download the theme file before you try and install it. Simply log into your account, go to your downloads and locate your theme. Click on the download button and select the “Installable WordPress file only”. This will download the zip file for your theme.
Install WordPress first
Many web hosts now offer tools (e.g. Fantastico) to automatically install WordPress for you. However, if you wish to install WordPress yourself, follow the instructions in WordPress Codex or you can watch the Instructional Video created by LearnWebCode.
Install Houzez via WordPress
Download the theme files: you can download the files from your ThemeForest account.
Log in to your WordPress dashboard: Go to your website's login page (usually www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin) and enter your username and password.
Please follow the video below to install the theme and import one of the available demos from WordPress.
To install the Houzez theme on WordPress, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Go to Appearance > Themes: On the left-hand side of the dashboard, click on the "Appearance" menu, then select "Themes" from the dropdown menu.
Step 2 – Click the "Add New" button: This will take you to the "Add Themes" screen, where you can install new themes.
Step 3 – Browse to find the Houzez.zip file on your computer and click Install Now
Step 4 – Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.
Step 5 – After you activate Houzez you will see a notification message to activate the required plugins in the Plugins section of your dashboard. Visual Composer plugin is required.
Step 6 – Click on Install Button on each plugin to start installing them. After you’ve installed them, Activate them.
When you install Houzez, you will get a notification message in your WordPress admin telling you of the required and recommended plugins or go to Houzez >> Plugins section to install the theme required plugins.
- Houzez Theme – Functionality: Theme core functionality plugin. Make sure this is always installed and activated.
- Houzez Login Register: Adds login register functionality for Houzez theme. Make sure this is always installed and activated.
- Houzez CRM: Add the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system in your site.
- Favethemes Insights: Add the functionality to show the data in charts.
- Redux Framework: This plugin is for Theme Options.
- One-Click Demo Import: Required to import a demo
- Elementor Page Builder: This is free and premium page builder plugins created by Elementor.com
- Slider Revolution: This is a premium slider plugin created by ThemePunch.
- MailChimp For WP: This plugin helps you grow your Mailchimp lists.
- Contact Form 7: This plugin can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup.
Plugin Installation & Update Notification
When you install Houzez or update Houzez, you will receive a WordPress notification message letting you know to install or update the required and recommended plugins. Please follow the on-screen prompts to install, activate or update.