Houzez allows you to select which mapping system you want to use in your website. The mapping system available are:
- Google Maps – Paid
- OpenStreetMap – Free
- Mapbox – Free
Few words about Google Maps
Using Google Maps to a certain degree is free even if you use map viewing through API. Google will give you $200 credit each month from which you can utilize for API displays/calls. A $200 credit means that you can, for example, load 100,000 static maps, or 28,000 dynamic maps, etc. for free.
A detailed table of pricing can be found here.
How to select the Map System
In your left sidebar, navigate to Theme Options > Map Settings and locate the map system you would like to use.
- Map Type: Select the map type as Road Map, Satellite, Hybrid, and Terrain
- Marker Type: Select marker type for Google Maps as Marker Icon or Price Pins
- Overlapping Marker Spiderfier: Select Yes/No to display the Overlapping Marker Spiderfier
- Default Latitude: Enter default latitude for maps
- Default Longitude: Enter default longitude for maps
- Limit to Country: Geo autocompletes limit to specific country If Enabled then selects the country from the next options given as showing in the below image: