Real estate listing has property types fields to describe the kind of property for sale. You can create different property types based on your needs, for example, you can assign the type Apartment or Single Family Home to a property.
How to create a new Property Type
Navigate to Real Estate >> Type in your left sidebar.
- Name: insert the name for your property type like “Apartment” for example.
- Slug: insert the slug for your property type (optional)
- Parent Category: select parent property type if needed. Usually, you don’t need to do it.
- Description: The description is not prominent by default; however, some themes may show it.
- Global Color: If you use the price marker as property pin, you can customize its color
- Property Type Image: Upload an image that can describe your property type. This image will be used on the Houzez Grid Module
- Google Map Marker Icon: Upload the icon to mark this kind of property
- Google Map Marker Retina Icon: Upload the icon to mark this kind of property for retina devices
- Custom Link: Enter custom link for this property type
- Click on Add New Type
Property Type Options
When you want to customize more your property types, you have to edit them from Properties > Type in your left sidebar.
- Go to Properties > Types
- Find the property type name you wish to change and click Edit.