Homey is equipped with iCal integration, which enables you to synchronize your property's calendar with other calendars. This integration allows you to import and export calendar data, ensuring that your properties' availability is always up-to-date and accurately reflected across all platforms.
Homey comes with iCal integration for both import and export. The export functionality will depend on the external website, as most booking engines have their own iCal file similar to Homey. The iCal system uses a .ics file, and it doesn't distinguish between a reservation that is canceled, blocked, or booked but only uses the feeds in the .ics file.
Please note: This feature is available only if the booking mode is set for nightly booking.
Create the iCalendar Feeds page
Before to sync your calendar is required that you create a specific page to import/export your iCal feeds. In your left sidebar navigate to Pages > Add new and create a new page using the iCalendar Feeds page template like displayed on the image here below.
How to synchronize the calendar
- Login to your frontend dashboard
- Edit one of your listing and access the Calendar tab
- Click on Sync iCal and select Import
Please note: The cronjob run every 4 hours.
From the Import iCal pop-up enter the Feed Name (It can be whatever) and enter the Feed URL and click on Save Feeds. You Can import multiple feeds by clicking on the Add Feed button.
Steps to import from AirBnB
- Sign in with your host account on Airbnb.
- Go to the Ads button and click on Manage ad.
- Select Availability and navigate to the Synchronize calendars section.
- Click on Export calendar and copy the URL.
- Login to your frontend dashboard.
- Edit one of your listing and access the Calendar tab.
- Click on Sync iCal and select Import.
- Paste the URL (the iCal with the Airbnb calendar).
How to change the cron job time
- Install Crontrol plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-crontrol/
- Edit homey_ical_sync cron from Tools > Cron Events
3. Change time on Recurrence and then Modify Cron Events