Welcome to the Homey WordPress theme experiences feature documentation. Homey theme allows you to create and showcase a curated list of activities or services, called experiences, on your website.
This documentation will guide you through the process of creating and managing experiences in Homey theme, including how to add, edit, and reorder experiences using the WordPress dashboard and the frontend dashboard, how to display experiences on your website using Homey experience template pages or custom Elementor widgets, and best practices for using experiences to engage and attract visitors to your website.
We hope this documentation will be a helpful resource as you explore and utilize the experiences feature in Homey WordPress theme.
1. Creating Pages for the Frontend Dashboard
In order to add and manage experiences on your Homey WordPress theme website, you need to create a frontend dashboard that allows users to submit and manage experiences.
To create this dashboard, you need to create several pages that will serve as the foundation of the dashboard. In this documentation section, we will guide you through the process of creating the necessary pages for the frontend dashboard.
We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to create a new page in WordPress and how to assign the appropriate page template to each page.
To set up the frontend dashboard, you need to create five new pages with specific page template:
- Dashboard Add Experience: This page will serve as the form for adding experiences. Users will need to fill out this form to add a new experience to your site.
- Dashboard Experience Submitted: After a user has filled out and submitted the form to add a new experience, this page will confirm that their request has been successfully received.
- Dashboard Experiences: This page will display a list of all experiences added by the user.
- Dashboard Experiences My Bookings: This page will show a list of all bookings and information about which of your experiences has been booked. This page is only visible to Hosts.
- Dashboard Experiences My Reservations: This page will display a list of all reservations and information about the experiences reverved by the customers.
To create each page:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to the "Pages" section.
- Click on "Add New Page".
- Enter the correct title for the page, such as "Dashboard Add Experience" or "Dashboard Experience Submitted."
- Select the correct page template for each page from the "Page Attributes" section on the right-hand side of the page editor.
- Don't add content to this page
Following these steps will allow you to create all the necessary pages for the frontend dashboard for experiences in Homey WordPress theme.
2. Display the experiences on your website
To display the experiences as listing pages on your Homey WordPress theme website, you can use several different page templates:
Experiences Card View: This page template will display the experiences in a card format, with each experience represented by a card that includes an image, title, and brief description.
Experiences Grid View: This page template will display the experiences in a grid format, with each experience represented by a thumbnail image and a brief description.
Experiences List View: This page template will display the experiences in a list format, with each experience represented by a title and a brief description.
Experiences with Sticky Map: This page template will display a map of all the experiences, with each experience represented by a marker on the map.
Experience Half Map: This page template will display a map of all the experiences on one side of the page, with a list of the experiences on the other side of the page.
To use any of these page templates:
- Create a new page in WordPress and enter a title for the page.
- From the "Page Attributes" section on the right-hand side of the page editor, select the appropriate template from the dropdown menu.
- Add any additional content or information you wish to include on the page.
- Publish the page to make it live on your website.
Following these steps will allow you to display the experiences on your Homey WordPress theme website using one of the available page templates.
3. Create a Search Results page for experiences
With the Homey WordPress theme, you have to create a Search Results for Experiences page template to display the search results for experiences based on the user's search query. The search results will be displayed in the format specified by the chosen template, such as card view, grid view, list view, or half map.
Search Results for Experiences: This page template will display the search results for experiences based on the user's search query. The search results will be displayed in the format specified by the chosen template (card view, grid view, list view, etc.).
Additionally, you can use the Compare Experiences page template to allow users to compare multiple experiences side-by-side. This page template displays a table that shows the features and details of each experience, making it easy for users to make informed decisions when selecting the experiences they want to book
- Compare Experiences: This page template will allow users to compare multiple experiences side-by-side. Users can select the experiences they want to compare and view them in a table that displays their features and details.
4. Setting up payment pages
Payment pages are an essential component of any online booking system. In Homey WordPress theme, you can set up payment pages for experiences to allow your users to easily pay for their reservations and bookings.
To create the payment pages, you will need to create three new pages: