Before proceeding with this update, make sure you have a complete backup of your site files and database. This way you will be able to get back to the latest version of your site in case something unexpected happens.
How to Update the Theme from Old Version
Step 1 - Update the theme
- Deactivate the current Houzez theme from the Appearance > Themes section
- Activating a different theme.
- Once you activate a different theme, delete the Houzez theme. Don’t worry, your content will not be lost.
- Get the “Houzez.zip” file from your Themeforest download section (Installable WordPress file only). If you downloaded the “All Files & Documentation” from Themeforest, then you need to unzip the archive file you received, the Houzez.zip will be inside it.
- Go to Appearance > Themes, choose Add New Theme, Upload the Houzez.zip” and click on the “Install Now” button.
- After your upload is finished choose Activate the theme.
Step 2 – Update all plugins
When you update Houzez, you will receive a WordPress notification message letting you know to update the required and recommended plugins. Please follow the on-screen prompts to update as displayed in the image below.
Step 3 – Update the database
If your Houzez version is before v.2.0 is mandatory to update the database. Please Navigate to Appearance >> Click Upgrade 2.0
Step 4 – Redux Framework plugin
Make sure you have to install and activated Redux Framework plugin, you can install it in the admin panel under Appearance -> Install Plugins
Step 5 – Regenerate Thumbnails
Install Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and regenerate all thumbnails, you can download from Download
What To Do If The Update Fails
Open a ticket and contact our Technical Support. In order to allow us to fix your import, it’s very important that you share the following information in your ticket and we’ll update the theme for you.
- Website link
- WordPress Admin Login details with username and password
- Cpanel login URL, username and password.
Please sign in to leave a comment.