Houzez is provided with a section to manage Login & Register options inside the Theme Options panel.
Enable the Login Form
Navigate to Theme options > Login & Register. Locate the Login & Register and select Yes to enable the Sing In / Register button in the header of your website.
- Login, register type: Show the Login as Icon/Text
- Logged In Menu: Disable LoggedIn menu
- First Name: Show first name field for register form
- Last Name: Show last name field for register form
- Phone Number: Show phone number field for register form
- Users can type the password on the registration form: Select Yes or No. If no, users will get the auto-generated password via email
- Frontend register user as agent or agency: Set Yes or No. If set to "Yes" then every user register from front-end role Agent will be auto-create in agent custom post type and role Agency will be auto-create in agency custom post type
- Agent/Agency Visibility: Set Not show or Show. Front-end registered agent/agency should not show automatically on front-end
- After Login Redirect Page: Select the page where you want to redirect the user after login.
- Terms & Conditions: Select which page to use for Terms & Conditions
Enable the Register Form
The user register functionality is a global WordPress setting. In your left sidebar navigate to Settings > General, locate the Membership box.
- Membership: select Anyone can register
- New User Default Role: select Agent if you want the user to publish properties or select Buyer if you want the user to favorite properties and save searches.
If you select New User Default Role > Agent or Agency navigate to Theme options > Login & Register. Locate the Frontend register user as agent or agency drop-down list and must select Yes. In this way, every user registered as Agent will be auto-created also as Agent custom post type and role Agency will be auto-create in Agency custom post type
If you have activated Login and Register you must give your users the possibility to reset or recover their password.
In your left sidebar navigate to Pages > Add New to create a new page and from the Page Attributes box located in the right sidebar select Template: Reset Password and Publish the page.
Login & Register Page Template
Now, you can add the login and register form on the page easily by creating the page with Login & Register Template from the Page Attributes as showing in the below screenshot: